Why Support Local?
Local businesses are essential for our local and national economy. They provide jobs, support neighborhoods, and care about their community. Unfortunately, many of these establishments are feeling the strain of the economy right now and may not be able to sustain their businesses without our help. A good rule of thumb is, when you need something, check a local source first.
Here are five other ways to support local businesses:
- Local restaurants are offering delivery or curbside pickup, local stores may be as well. Check with local retailers before clicking, “add to cart” on Amazon.
- Buy gift cards or credit from your favorite local restaurants, salons, spa, hardware stores, and more. You’ll use it eventually!
- Check with your local businesses to see if they’re offering any specific services or products for our “new normal”. For example, dry cleaners may be offering disinfectant services.
- If you’ve signed up for a kid’s program that has since been cancelled, consider donating your program fee to the organization, rather than asking for a refund.
- Spread the word about local businesses offering delivery, curbside pickup, or unique services through social media. Local businesses do not often have a big marketing presence so they need your help to get the word out!
Together, we can support our valuable small business partners.